I have shamelessly abbreviated one sentence for the title of this post. The full sentence is.
An intelligent and observant Martian visiting the Earth and learning of our climate problem would be entitled to believe the human race insane.
Manne has name-checked pretty much most of the key people we associate with the discourse on climate policy.
- Svante Arrhenius the Swedish chemist.
- Garrett_Hardin who coined the term Tragedy of the Commons.
- Stephen Gardiner who wrote the book A Perfect Moral Storm: The Ethical Tragedy of Climate Change.
- Martin Weitzman the Harvard economist.
- James Hansen, no explanation necessary.
- Naomi Oreskes author of Merchants of Doubt.
- Bill McKibben.
- Dan Kahan who studies cultural cognition.
- Clive Hamilton.
- George Marshall (the British climate communicator.
- Naomi Klein
- Nicholas Stern. David Victor
Its a really good read. I recommend it.